It’s important to take care of yourself during this quarantine – both physically and mentally. It will help you while you are quarantined and help you fight COVID-19 if you get it.
The World Health Organization (WHO) is giving this advice:
- Eat healthy to boost your immune system.
- Limit alcohol and sugary drinks.
- Don’t smoke. It can exacerbate COVID-19 symptoms and increase your risk of getting seriously sick.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes a day for adults and an hour a day for kids.
- If you’re allowed to go outside, go for a walk, run, or bike ride while keeping a safe distance from others.
- If you can’t leave the house, dance, do some yoga, or walk up and down the stairs.
- People working from home shouldn’t sit too long in the same position.
- Take a 3-minute break every 30 minutes.
- Get your mind off the crisis. Listen to music, read a book or play a game.
It is normal to feel stressed and scared during this crisis. Reports can be confusing. Try not to read too much news if it gives you anxiety. Try getting information once or twice a day and be sure to use reliable sources. If you still feel anxious, talk to someone you know. Trust can help you with the huge influx of all this news.